1. Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
2. Never use passwords that are obvious, like your name/nickname, names of your family members, your address, phone number, or any other information that a thief might find in your purse or wallet.
3. Do not use the same password as the one which you use to log in to your computer or to any internet site like Gmail, Yahoo Mail , Orkut, Facebook etc
4. If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure web site, you should disable the auto-complete function to increase the security of your information.
To disable the "Auto Complete" function
a. Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools">>"Internet Options">>"Content"
b. Under "Personal Information", click on "Auto Complete
c. Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click on "Clear Passwords"
5. Change your Internet Banking password (both, log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (preferably, at least once a month).
6. Always use different passwords for log-ins and transactions. This provides additional security for financial transactions through Internet Banking.
7. If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of them. You may also view all your accounts with United Bank of India under a single user ID by linking your various accounts to your preferred Internet Banking user ID.
8. If you access any website from a cyber-cafe, any shared computer or a computer other than your own, change your passwords after such use in your own computer at your workplace or at home. It is very important to do so specially when you have entered your transaction password in such a cyber- cafe computer or shared computer.
9. Do not disclose your password to any one, including family members, not even to any United Bank of India employee.
10. Do not provide user-id and passwords on any page that appears as a popup when you click on a hyperlink received through email. Better practice would be to log on to the service by typing in the URL in the address bar after making sure the page opening up is from the genuine service provider.
11. Do not store passwords in a file on ANY computer system (including Palm Pilots or similar devices) without encryption.
United Bank of India is NOT liable for any loss arising from your sharing of your user IDs, passwords, cards, card numbers or PINs with anyone, nor from their consequent unauthorized use.